Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Brian's Winter

By Gary Paulen
When I first decided to read Hatchet to my class I thought it a really good idea to purchase and share the other books in the series for my better readers to enjoy themselves should they wish. I loved Hatchet myself and was told this sequel was just as good. And having just completed it I would have to agree. I loved every moment of reading this book and refused to put it down.

Synopsis

In the Newbery Honor-winning Hatchet, thirteen-year-old Brian Robeson learned to survive alone in the Canadan wilderness, armed only with his hatchet. Finally, as millions of readers know he was rescued at the end of the summer. But what if Brian hadn't been rescued? What if he had been left to face his deadliest enemy- winter?
Gary Paulsen raises the stakes for survival in this riveting and inspiring story, as one boy confronts the ultimate test and the ultimate adventure.

Author 

Gary James Paulsen (born May 17, 1939) is an American writer of young adult literature, best known for coming of age stories about the wilderness. He is the author of more than 200 books and has written more than 200 magazine articles and short stories, and several plays, all primarily for teenagers. He won the Margaret Edwards Award from the American Library Association in 1997 for his lifetime contribution in writing for teens. Wikipedia
 

Brian's Saga

Hatchet (1986)
The River (1991)
Brian's Winter (1996)
Brian's Return (1992)
Brian's Hunt (2003)

Other works

Dogsong (1985)
The Winter Room(1989)
Woodsong (1990)
Winterdance (1994)

Harris and Me (1993)

2 comments:

  1. Reading to my class now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic. I bought one copy of the whole series so as to encourage children to read the sequels for themselves... that worked really well.

      Delete